The VNCS is proud to assist local individuals and organizations that share our goals of promoting the awareness of Japanese culture and serving the needs of the Nikkei community.
The VNCS Grant Program is an ongoing program that will assist individuals and organizations by providing funding towards their projects.
For more information, please contact us.
- All grants will be one-time grants.
- For organizations, their latest annual financial statements must accompany this application.
- Organizations/Individuals must demonstrate a strong commitment to their mandate or project as well as fiscal responsibility.
- Grants are awarded for definite purposes and for clearly defined projects.
- Grants will NOT be issued for commercial ventures.
- Grant must benefit primarily the people of Greater Victoria/Vancouver Island.
- All applications are considered on merit and funds available for distribution.
- Preference is given to programs which promote Nikkei culture, and which do not duplicate services provided by other organizations.
- Grants must be spent within 12 months of receipt. Grants not spent must be returned to the VNCS.
- Grants will be up to a maximum of $350.00 (CDN).
- Applications are evaluated by the evaluation committee as soon as they are received.
- Upon recommendation by the committee, the Board of Directors discuss the application.
- As VNCS board meetings are held once a month, it may take 30-45 days until the final evaluation.
- If approved the grant application will be signed off, scanned and sent back to the requestor and the VNCS Treasurer will complete the grant cheque and mail it to the requestor.
- Successful applicants must submit a brief write-up (summary) on their use of the grant to the Grant Application Committee for addition in the next edition of the Victoria NIKKEI FORUM Newsletter.
Download the Grant Application Form
Microsoft Word 2013
Microsoft Word 2003-2007