The VNCS AGM will be held on Sunday, Feb 27, 2022, 10 AM to 12 PM. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, this will be a virtual gathering using Zoom. To attend the AGM you must register in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Click here to REGISTER!
To vote at the AGM you must be a paid up member of the VNCS. You can take out or renew a membership through our Web site, https://www.vncs.ca/about-the-vncs/annual-memberships/ and pay via PayPal, e-transfer or good old physical cheque in the mail.
This year we will have Guest Speaker, Dennis Minaker, Gorge historian and author of the book, The Gorge of Summers Gone – A History of Victoria’s Inland Waterway. Join Dennis as he recalls the waterway of a century ago – a time of regattas, swimming galas, high-diving towers, an amusement park, mansions, a Japanese Tea Garden and more.
Minutes from the 2021 AGM can be viewed here: https://vncs.ca/AGM/2021-02-21-VNCS-AGM-Minutes.pdf
- AGM Assembly (Logging on to Zoom)
- Call to order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of Annual General Meeting held Feb 21, 2021
- President’s Report: Tsugio Kurushima
- Treasurer’s Report: Ken Watai
- Newsletter/Communications Report: Yukari Peerless
- Website Report: Craig Mercer
- Uminari Taiko Report: Susan Kurushima
- Furusato Dancers Report: Tsugio Kurushima
- Sakura Fujinkai Report: Susan Kurushima
- Cultural Fall Fair Report: Craig Mercer
- NAJC Report: Tsugio Kurushima
- Community Outreach Program: Mieko Fedrau
- Membership Report: Tony Ibaraki
- Election of Officers and Directors: Debbie Ibaraki
- Guest Speaker – Dennis Minaker
- Adjournment of AGM