The Victoria Nikkei Cultural Society’s bilingual, English-Japanese Newsletter, The Victoria NIKKEI FORUM is published bi-monthly — 6 times a year.
Read the current issue:
Explore previous issues:
Volume 28, Issue 3 — May/June 2020
Volume 28, Issue 2 — March/April 2020
Volume 28, Issue 1 — January/February 2020
Volume 27, Issue 6 — November/December 2019
Volume 27, Issue 5 — September/October 2019
Volume 27, Issue 4 — July/August 2019
Volume 27, Issue 3 — May/June 2019
Volume 27, Issue 2 — March/April 2019
Volume 27, Issue 1 — January/February 2019
Volume 26, Issue 6 — November/December 2018
Volume 26, Issue 5 — September/October 2018
Return to the VNCS home page.
Can you help with English to Japanese translation? 英和翻訳を手伝ってくれる方はいませんか。
We are always looking for more translators. Contact Yukari for details!
Want to advertise in The Victoria NIKKEI FORUM?
Rates are $25.00 per year for 6 issues. Ad should be normal business card sized and provided in a PDF format. Contact Yukari Peerless for further details
Article Submission Guidelines
We welcome submissions from the Nikkei community and those interested in Japanese culture in the greater Victoria area. Articles must be type-written in English, French, or Japanese.
- Please submit your articles, photos, and flyers according to the following deadlines for each of the six (6) issues of our newsletter — January 5th, March 5th, May 5th, July 5th, September 5th, and November 5th, 2020 c/o Yukari Peerless, editor
- If you are sending articles, please use: Microsoft Word/ Apple Pages, or a Google Doc, and attach to your email
- Font: Arial, Size: 12, Title: bold. Spacing: single spaced lines. (N.B. Single space ONLY after periods and colons)
- Dates should be written in full like the following: Sunday, August 2, 2020. (Avoid abbreviations please.)
- Time should be written according to the following format: 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Cities should be written according to their legal format: City of Colwood, BC. (Note, no periods after the B and C)
- If you are sending photos, please attach them as a JPG or PNG file, (logos should be the same.or as a PDF) and name the file with YOUR name and title, attach to your email
- Failure to follow these may result in your submission missing the deadline. If you have questions or difficulty with any suggestions these formatting requirements, please contact, Scott McDonald, editor
- Articles may be edited for space at the editorial team’s discretion
- While we try to publish all relevant material, we cannot guarantee that all will be published
The VNCS was formed in 1993 to establish a sense of community for those of Japanese heritage and/or those interested in Japanese culture, living in the greater Victoria, B.C. area on Vancouver Island.
The VNCS works with other community cultural organizations such as the National Association of Japanese Canadians, Japanese Friendship Society, Victoria Japanese Language Heritage School Society, and the Victoria Morioka Friendship Society promoting Japanese culture and a sense of community in Victoria and throughout Canada.
The VNCS is registered under the BC Society Act, has charitable status (Victoria Nikkei Cultural Society Charity Number: 892201641-RR-0001) and is a member of the Intercultural Association of Greater Victoria.